10 Ideas On How To Build A Shower At Hunt Camp
"Don't Stink The Place Up!
Don’t Stink The Place Up”.- Being at camp Is no excuse for smelling bad plus the deer can smell you from a mile away and you wonder ,Why Haven’t I Shot A Deer ?, “Because You Stink” That’s Why !
“One of the better ideas for a hunt camp shower i have come across is the use of two- “330 gallon water totes”one on top of the other with a side opening being cut out as a door way .
* It has its advantages in being made mainly of plastic so would be easy to clean and will last at least a few years or more , Plastic only lasts so long . To add to it’s longevity I would recommend covering the outer container in canvass or a solar protective fabric to shade it from the suns harmful rays .
* It’s going be strong because it is still surrounded by the metal cage .
* Any attachments such as the water heater , Spray head and hoses can be easily attached and will have a sturdy surface to attach to .
* It already has a base on it so it can be set up anywhere directly on the ground .
* It will be portable , You can hook a tow strap to it and drag it to a new location in camp or lay it down in a trailer and take it to your new camp .
* If a storm knocks it down you can quickly stand it back up and have it running .
*If it gets damaged all you need is a 2 1/2 lb sledge to straighten it out or dcut tape to seal the plastic if it gets damaged .
* If any of your drunk camp members shoot it for target practice you can repair it easy enough .
* Its semi opaque so if you leave side towards southern sun uncovered in winter it will heat up to just above freezing so that you can get a luke cold shower instead of a totally freezing one.
* You need to make a shower door that will fit and close well , You may be able to use the Cutouts as a new door ,a few hinges and some plywood on front leaving the plastic in place on back side of door to help keep it water proofed to an extent .
* Theres No dressing room , You’re Out in the elements freezing your arse off trying to dress and undress on freezing ground in front of your other hunt camp members, wives and kids as their laughing at you .
* It can be a tight fit for anyone overweight or too big .
Hunt Camp Shower Idea Number #2
- This one is my idea unless someone has already thought about it and I haven’t seen it yet .
- My Idea is to get two slightly used porto-lets and take one and cut open the side that has the door latch as in- if your looking at the shitter and hinges are on the left side and latch is on the right side then it would be the right side of said shitter that would need to be cut open .
- You would need to get rid of the holding tanks but I would suggest leaving in place the 4 Inch vent pipes that go out through the roof , These can be turned into said Shitters new exhaust fan cross ventilation.
- The secondary ex -shit house will be placed on right side of left shit house but turned 90 degrees clockwise so that door opens into right side shit house through previously cut opening .
- You will now see one unit that has a door on left side , when you open door you will see another door leading into shower area of right side shit house .This door can be taken out and replaced with a shower curtain but would hold a lot more heat in if it was left in place . This setup now makes the first shitter the changing room and then the other is now the shower ..
- With this set up you can put plumbing inside left side shit house up near ceiling out of the way to help prevent it from freezing .
Make sure to put heater outside in well ventilated area . The old door can be used as a weather proof door on front of a raised wooden box and all components put in there . This will leave plenty of room for toiletries , Towels ,etc..
Hunt Camp Shower Idea Number #3
Ivation Portable Outdoor Shower, Rechargeable By USB -Battery Powered – Compact Handheld Rechargeable Camping Showerhead – Pumps Water from Bucket Into Steady, Gentle Shower Stream
There are a number of propane camp showers out there now but anything left out in the weather is not going to do so well .
Ivation Cordless rechargeable 12 volt shower is my choice as you get a great shower and lasts for around 12 showers before needing recharged via usb so all you need with this setup is usb for recharge in about 2 hours and hot water which i will add video to show how I get a hot shower while at camp.
- INDOOR/OUTDOOR HANDHELD SHOWER – Transforms Sink or Bucket of Water Into Instant Shower Stream; Water-Resistant Unit Includes One Touch On/Off Switch
- PERFECTLY PLEASING PRESSURE – Showerhead Features One Simple Flow Rate for Comfortable Bathing Experience; Gentle Enough for Seniors, Babies and Pets
- SUCTION CUP SUPPORT – Shower-Head Securely Sticks to Any Flat Surface with Provided Suction Cup; Bonus S-Style Hook Lets You Hang it Safely Overhead
- BATTERY POWERED CONVENIENCE – Rechargeable Pump Plugs into Laptop, Car Adapter or Computer via USB; Full Charge Allows Up to 1 Hour of Continuous Use
- COMPACT AND PORTABLE – Small, Discreet System Packs Easily in Luggage, Backpack or Car Trunk; for Hiking, Camping, Kid Bathing and Pet Cleaning